Yuvraj Singh, a renowned personality of Indian Cricket, often cited as one of the influentials of the game is someone who is admired all along. With a stay of more than 15 years into the International Cricket scene, he has carved an image of quintessential success achiever all over the globe.
We’d be looking into the tidbits around the life of Yuvraj Singh in our ‘Yuvraj Singh Wiki, Bio, Age, Wife, Assets and more’. Read along for the entry.
Yuvraj Singh was born on 12th of December, 1981 in the city of Chandigarh, Punjab. He spent the major part of his childhood back there and attended his schooling majors from DAV Public School in Chandigarh. Born into the cricketing family, he was thrust into the scene early enough and proceeded to carve a career in the same niche later on.
However, he was diagnosed with cancer later in his life, which he fought after. He returned back to the cricketing scene and appeared again for the Indian national team. He also runs a charity named ‘YouWeCan’ that helps in treating cancer patients.
He started his cricketing profile aged 14 in school grade cricket. He later on went to captain Punjab in the Under-19 tournament for Cooch-Behar Trophy in the year 1999-2000. He started his first game in Ranji trophy, India’s premier domestic competition in 1997.
As for the international career, his first outing in the ODI circuit was in the year 2000 against Kenya. He made his test debut in 2003. It was during the era of T20’s where he rose to fame with man-of-the-tournament performance in the 2007 T20 World Cup.
He then took the stage as the backbone of Indian cricket team with multiple matches winning performances. He replicated his performance in the 2011 ICC 50-over World Cup and brought home the World Cup trophy after a long barren run.
DAV Public School, Chandigarh.
- Married-Not Yet
- Current Status: In a relationship with Hazel Keech
- According to report he will marry Hazel Keech on November 30.
His net worth is valued around $ 35.5 million.
Major Involvements & Accolades
- Was named as Man-of-the-Tournament on both 2007 T20 World Cup and 2011 ICC 50-Over World Cup.
- The only batsman to hit 6 sixes in an over in an International T20 game. He did so against England in 2007.
- Was awarded Arjuna Award, the second highest sporting honor along with Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honor of India.
- Name: Yuvraj Singh
- Nickname: Yuvi
- Profession: Cricketer
- Nationality: Indian
- Date of Birth:12th December 1981
- Place of Birth: Pune, India
- Age (As of Current): 34 years
- Parents: Yograj Singh and Shabnam Singh
- Religion: Hinduism
- Height: 6 feet 1 inches (1.85 m)
- Weight: 78 kg (171 lbs.)
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Tobe Wife: Hazel Keech