Vrishasen is an Indian film actor. He was born in Pune, Maharashtra and spent the majority of his childhood there.
He launched his acting career when he was five years old in a Marathi play. He played the role of a young Sivaji in this. When he was in college, he won the Purshottam Award for his wonderful acting. He studied Political Science at Fergusson College in Pune and completed Mass Communication at the University of Pune. He has been awarded the Shahu Modak Puraskar for his contribution towards theater and films.
He was also awarded with the Best Actor award at the National Level French Play Competition organized by the Embassy of France. Along with his studies at college, he also made a documentary film on female foeticide. He has acted with some famous personalities, including working with Amol Palekar in his theater production titled Julus. He has done a cameo in the Bollywood movie Dhol as well.
Vrishasen works in Bollywood and television series. He has also acted a lot in theater. Having been a major part of the entertainment industry since the 2000’s, he is well known in film circles by several different names like Savaji (Tukaram) and Sameer (Valu). His list of awards also includes the Suryadatta National Award for Young Achiever 2012. He has twice been awarded the UNFPA – Laadli National Creative Excellence Award for Social Change.
In Marathi films, he has done supporting roles in some films like Dahavi Pha and Aaich Gondhal. He has also acted in some Marathi and Hindi television shows like Hi Vaat Dur Jaate and Mohini. His non-fiction shows include Jallosh Suvarnayugacha and Gana Dhav Re.
- Mala Sasu Havi
- Ya Walnavar
- Tuzvin Sakhya Re
- Hi Vaat Dur Jate
- Hya Gojirwanya Gharat
- Gaganala Pankh Nave
- Jallosh Suvarnayugacha
- Gana Dhav Re
- Amhi Satpute
- Manya Sajjana
- Aaich Gondhal
- Dahavi Fa
- Winner of Suryadatta National Award for Young Achiever 2012
- Winner of UNFPA-Laadli National Creative Excellence Award for Social Change 2011 in the category of songs and lyrics
- Winner of UNFPA-Laadli National Creative Excellence Award for Social Change 2008 in the category of TVC/Films.
- Winner of Sakaal Reflections PSA contest 2008
- Winner of Shahu Modak Puraskar 2004 for his contribution towards theatre and films
- Date of Birth: 15th February
- Marriage Anniversary: 19th November 2013
- Birthplace: Pune
- College: Fergusson College, Pune
- Home town: Pune, India
- Spouse(s): Sharada Patil
- Parent(s): Sanjay Dabholkar & Vrishali Dabholkar