PAN stands for Permanent account number and usually the PAN is taken while account opening. If in case you submitted the Form 60 and didn’t submit the form because of any reason, there is nothing to be worried about as it’s not late and you can link your PAN number with your account. There are two ways by which the PAN can be updated and here in this tutorial, we have listed both, the online and the offline way to update the PAN. Please note that even after putting through the request, it takes about 2to 7 working days for the PAN to be updated on the system and it also depends on the verification of the PAN by the concerned department.
Here is How to Update the PAN through Online Medium
Updating PAN online is the easiest way to do it and it also saves time and trouble of visiting the branch. The steps to be followed are –
- Navigate to ICICI Bank’s website and navigate to the login page for the internet banking.
- Once you are redirected to the login page, enter your login credentials and login to the internet banking.
- On the left side of the page, you will see an option for ‘Service Requests’. Click on the option.
- After clicking on Service Request, you will see the link for “PAN Card Updation”. Click on the link and you will be redirected to the service page.
- Enter your PAN Card Number along with you Date of Birth and Registered Email-ID and click on Submit.
- A request number will be generated and the PAN Card will be updated in 2 working days subjected to verification. You will also receive a confirmation message when the changes are made.
Here is How to Update the PAN through Offline Medium –
If you do not have internet banking enabled or if you are not very tech savvy, you can always walk into the branch and place a request to update the PAN. The steps to be followed are –
- Visit the nearest ICICI Bank. It is not necessary to visit the home branch and do carry your original PAN Card.
- Ask for a Request Form for Updating the PAN Number. It is often referred to as KYC Form.
- Fill in the required details and sign the form wherever required. You might also require to attach a photocopy of you PAN Card.
- Submit the form to the concerned person and do not forget to collect the receiving which also has the request number.
- The PAN number will be updated in about 2 to 7 working days and a confirmation message will be send to you.
- In case you need to track the status of the application, you can do so by calling the phone banking and sharing the request number.
The number for the phone banking can be located from the following link – ICICI Phone Banking