HDFC Bank is one of the largest private sector bank and it excels in customer satisfaction and services. It is a wide umbrella bank who provides all sort of services to its customer. A small percentage of account holders submit Form 60 instead of PAN. This can result in higher TDS deduction and even scrutiny by Income Tax department. To avoid all the hassle, it is recommended to spare a little time and update the PAN to the account. There are two ways of linking the PAN number with the account and both are listed below.
Here is How to Update the PAN through Online Medium –
Updating PAN online is the easiest way to do it and it also saves time and trouble of visiting the branch. The steps to be followed are –
- Navigate to HDFC Bank’s website and navigate to the login page for the internet banking.
- Once you are redirected to the login page, enter your login credentials and login to the internet banking.
- On the left side of the page, you will see an option for ‘Requests’. Select the option and a drop down menu will appear.
- After selecting Request, you will see the link for “Add/Update PAN Card” from the drop down menu. Click on the link and you will be redirected to the service page.
- Enter your PAN Card and click on the Continue button at the bottom of the Page.
- A request number will be generated and the PAN Card will be updated in 2 working days subjected to verification. You will also receive a confirmation message when the changes are made.
Here is How to Update the PAN through Offline Medium –
If you do not have internet banking enabled or if you are not very tech savvy, you can always walk into the branch and place a request to update the PAN. The steps to be followed are –
- Visit the nearest HDFC Bank. It is not necessary to visit the home branch and do carry your original PAN Card.
- Ask for a Request Form for Updating the PAN Number.
- Fill in the required details and sign the form wherever required. You might also require to attach a photocopy of you PAN Card.
- Submit the form to the concerned person and do not forget to collect the receiving which also has the request number.
- The PAN number will be updated in about 2 to 7 working days and a confirmation message will be send to you.
- In case you need to track the status of the application, you can do so by calling the phone banking and sharing the request number.
The number for the phone banking can be located from the following link – HDFC Phone Banking