Axis Bank is one of the largest private sector bank with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It serves the customer in all segments by providing services like, saving bank account, burgundy account, axis direct and loans. To avail the services and put the services to best of use, bank account should be linked to PAN Number. PAN stand for Permanent Account Number which is issued by government and it further helps in tax purposes like filling the tax, claiming the tax returns etc. In case you havenâ€™t linked you PAN to your Axis bank yet, here is a step by step guide of updating the PAN on your Axis bank account through online as well as offline medium.
Talking about the online system, the pan can be updated through bankâ€™s website as well as the mobile application.
Updating the PAN through Online Medium â€“
To update the PAN on axis bankâ€™s website follow the steps below â€“
1. Navigate to axisbank.com which axis bankâ€™s official website.
2. Enter the login credentials on the login page to view your account details.
3. On top of the page go Navigate to My Profile Section and navigate to Contact Details from the section. Under the heading of PAN, click on Add/Update PAN.
4. Once you are redirected to the page to add PAN, enter the PAN number and click on submit button.
5. This will trigger the bankâ€™s system to generate the OTP. The OTP will be send to the registered mobile number.
6. Once the One-Time Password is submitted, a request number will be displayed and the PAN Card details will be updated in 2 – 7 working days subjected to verification. You will also get an email confirmation along with a text message about the updation
1. To update PAN using the mobile application, login to mobile app using the pre-set password.
2. Now navigate to Insta service from the Menu and click on Update PAN.
3. Enter the PAN number and submit the request.
4. You will need to enter the login password again and once you enter the credentials, the request will be submitted.
Updating the PAN through Offline Medium â€“
A lot of users do not actually use net banking or any digital method of banking, in this case user would need to reply on banks. The steps to be followed are –
1. You will need to locate the nearest Axis Bank and you will have to visit the bank along with you PAN card
2. After visiting the bank, approach the executive and ask for a customer request form. Customer request form is a generalized form which can be used to give in multiple request like change of address, change of phone number and Updation of PAN
3. Fill in the required details and sign the form at the bottom. After signing the firm, enclose a self-attested copy of your PAN card.
4. Submit the form to the concerned person and collect the receiving. There should be a form number mentioned on the receipt which can be used to track the status of the application.
5. The PAN number will be updated in about 2 to 7 working days and a system generated confirmation message will be send on the registered mobile number.
6. Status of the application can be tracked by calling the phone banking of axis bank and giving the request number to the customer service executive.
The number for the phone banking for the axis bank is 1800 â€“ 209 – 5577