Aadhaar is a unique 12 digit identification number of any individual issued by Government of India institution Unique Identification authority of India. It will serve the purpose of individual identity and his / her address in India. In the recent times, Government of India is laying emphasis on the Aadhar Card and planning to make Aadhar card as mandatory document evidence for administrative and legal procedures. The government is encouraging citizens to link their Aadhar card to their Bank Account so that any kind of subsidy will direct transfer to the individual bank account under DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) scheme. This linkage of Aadhar with Bank account will save a huge sum of Government money spent on subsidy. The role of mediator / broker will come to an end after the complete roll out of this scheme across the country.
On the other side, many people are confused and not aware of the procedure to link their Aadhaar card to the bank account. You can easily link your Aadhar card with your bank account online. This requires only a couple of minutes. Here is the step by step guidelines to link Aadhaar card with the bank account. The method of linking is almost similar to all listed banks like State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Bank of Baroda etc.
Steps to Link Aadhaar card with Bank Account
Aadhar card linking can easily be done by using Net banking facility of your bank. Today, Net banking service is provided by almost all banks after implementation of CBS. If your bank account does not have activated net banking facility, it is the high time to activate net banking of your bank account. You just need to fill and submit a small form in your bank, the net banking kit (consists of Username and Password) will be dispatched to your address by the bank within 10-15 days.
If an individual has net banking facility activated, then follow the below steps to link your Aadhaar card
- Initially login into the net banking account
- Once you logged in into the system, there is an option of “Update Aadhaar Card Details” or “Aadhaar Card Seeding”
- Click on this link and a new form will open up.
- Bank will ask few basic information about your Aadhaar card. You need to fill these details in the online form.
- Once all the details have been filled, click on “Submit” button at the bottom side.
- After the online submission of the form, your Aadhaar card details will be saved in Bank database.
- After this, the concerned bank will verify the details entered by you with UIDAI database.
- Once the details have been verified successfully, Aadhar card will be linked to your bank account. This backend verification will take couple of days
- The customer will get intimation through Email or SMS on his / her registered mobile number regarding the completion of the process.
In addition to this, NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) also provided the service to check the status of your Aadhaar number with the bank account. To check this, dial *99*99# from your registered mobile phone. The charge is Rs 1.50 per inquiry.