CAT known as Combined Aptitude Test is one of the leading entrance exams available as the option for aspirants with a great future in management field. IIM stands as the best available option for Management courses, there are 17 IIMs available in different parts of India, these IIMs along with different Business schools gives top most priority to CAT as the gateway to entrance based on CAT score. All IIMs perform the entrance exams on rotational basis each year and the articles contains all major information about CAT 2017.
CAT 2017 Exam Dates : The Table follows shows all important dates regarding CAT 2017
|Start of Online Application||8th August 2016|
|Last Date to submit application form||27th September, 2016|
|Correction Period||1st to 5th October 2016|
|Admit Card Download Date||24th October 2016|
|CAT 2016 Exam Date||4th December 2016|
|Result Announcement Date||Second Week of January 2017|
CAT Admit Card
The Admit card for the Exam has been released on 24th October 2016. The candidates with their admit card should carry it to the test venue as the admit card will act as their hall ticket. Carrying a Valid ID Proof along with the Admit Card is mandatory.
Candidates willing to apply needs to apply for the entrance exam through official CAT website.
- The registrations for the exam are over now.
- Before applying for the exam please make sure to go through the eligibility criteria mentioned at the official site of CAT.
- For the registrations the payment gateway was only online. The different payment gateways are as net banking, credit card and Debit Card.
- The general candidates and Non Creamy OBC has to pay INR 1,700 as the fees and reserved candidates ST/SC needs to pay INR 850. The processing fees for the transaction will be incurred separately.
- The Candidates applying for the CAT Entrance exam must have passed the Bachelor Degree with 50% minimum marks(45 % for SC/ST and PwD). University with CGPA method of marks needs to be changed into percentage value as per the criteria maintained by concerned board or university.
- The candidates appearing for the final year of the bachelor degree or whose result is awaited may also apply for the exam.
CAT Exam Pattern
It is important to know about the marking scheme and series of question to be asked in advance, the duration for the exam is 180 minutes and the exam will be conducted as Computer Based Test. There will be 100 question in the exam to be asked and the syllabus for the exam will cover logical reasoning, data interpretation, verbal ability and reading Comprehension and quantitative ability. Three marks will be allotted for every correct answer and one marks will be deducted for every wrong answer, the candidates will be allowed with only 60 minutes to answer questions of different sections.
The result will be declared in the second week of the January 2017 and the candidates need to check the result online with their roll no on the IIM CAT by providing valid ID proof and password. The information about result will be supplied to registered candidates phone no.