Anil Kapoor Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Girlfriend, Biography, Family
Dear Arjun Kapoor, please revisit these five films of Anil Kapoor who has outshined you in Mubarakan
Mubarakan movie review: Anil Kapoor is the soul of this comedy; Arjun, Ileana, Athiya lag behind
‘Anil Kapoor’ – 672 News Result(s)
|Real Name||Anil Kapoor|
|Nickname||Mr. India, Lakkhan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 41 Inches
– Waist: 33 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||24 December 1956|
|Age (as in 2016)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard (Expelled from his college due to lack of attendence)|
|Debut||Film: Hamare Tumhare (1979, Bollywood)
Vamsa Vruksham (1980, Telugu)
Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983, Kannada)
Chandralekha (1997, Malayalam)
Slumdog Millionaire (2008, British)
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011, Hollywood)
Production: Badhaai Ho Badhaai (2002)
TV: 24 (2010, American TV Series)
|Family||Father– Late Surinder Kapoor (Producer)
Mother– Nirmal Kapoor
Brothers– Boney Kapoor (Elder, Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
Sister– Reena Kapoor
|Address||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Painting, gymming, travelling|
|Controversies||• Once Abhay Deol showed his frustration in media at the makers of ‘Aisha’ (2010) i.e. Sunil Manchanda, Rhea Kapoor, and Anil Kapoor, for getting sidelined in the film’s promotions. In reply, Anil Kapoor, the co-producer of the film said on Karan Johar’s show Koffee with Karan that “Abhay Deol needs help in every way.”
• In 2016, the Western Railway sent notice to the production house M/S Market Men Consumer & Events Pvt Ltd for shooting a promotional ad in a running train. According to the Western Railway official, Anil Kapoor was seen dangerously clinging onto the foot board of a running train in Mumbai for his upcoming TV series “24: Season 2”, on 14 July 2017, which was an offense under the Railway Act.
|Favourite Food||Grilled chicken/fish, Baingan ka bharta, Mooli paranthas, Gujarati thali, Teriyaki|
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor, Charlie Chaplin|
|Favourite Actress||Rekha, Sridevi, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Film||Woh Saat Din, Parinda, Pukar, Virasaat, Mr. India, Khoobsurat|
|Favourite Directors||Christopher Nolan, David Fincher, Darren Aronofsky, Danny Boyle|
|Favourite Song||“Rock On Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara” by Farhan Akhtar from the film ‘Rock On’|
|Favourite Colour||Black, White, Red|
|Favourite Restaurant||Restaurants in Mayfair, London|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Madhuri Dixit (Actress, Rumour)
Kimi Katkar (Actress, Rumour)
Sunita Bhavnani Kapoor (Jewellery designer)
|Wife/Spouse||Sunita Bhavnani Kapoor (m.1984-present)
|Marriage Date||19 May 1984|
|Children||Son– Harshvardhan Kapoor (Actor, born in 1990)
Daughters– Sonam Kapoor (Actress, born in 1985), Rhea Kapoor (Producer, born in 1987)
|Car Collection||Audi RS7, Mercedes ML350, BMW 7-Series 760 Li, W222 Mercedes Benz S-Class
|Salary (approx.)||3-4 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$12 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anil Kapoor
- Does Anil Kapoor smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Anil Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Anil was born to a Punjabi family of film producers, who migrated to India from Peshawar, Pakistan.
- His family used to live in Raj Kapoor’s garage when they first moved to Mumbai. Later, they shifted to the ‘chawl’ area of Mumbai.
- Till the age of 13, he never wore shoes and used to run and play bare feet.
- His father was a renowned film producer who earlier used to work as an assistant director and actor Shammi Kapoor’s Secretary.
- He failed the written exam of Pune Film Institute.
- Though he made his Bollywood debut with a supporting role in the film ‘Hamare Tumhare’ (1979), his work was recognized with Yash Chopra’s ‘Mashaal’ (1984).
- His 1985 flick ‘Meri Jung’ was the turning point of his career. It was Javed Akhtar who noticed his talent and recommended his name to director Ramesh Sippy for the film ‘Shatranj’, where Anil played the role that was earlier offered to Javed Jaffrey. Later, the title of the film was renamed to ‘Meri Jung’ with Anil in the lead role, in place of Amitabh Bachchan, and the rest his history.
Share your vote!