An Indian Politician of Uttar Pradesh, Amar Singh, was born in Aligarh. Known for his love in Hindi as well as powerful bonds of different celebrities, he was a dignified leader of Samajwadi party. Amar Singh belongs to a Rajput Family of Azamgarh. His education was from Kolkata and married on 14 June 1987.
Amar Singh was the general secretary of Samajwadi Party and also the member of Rajya Sabha. On 6 January 2010, he gave resignation from all posts of Samajwadi party. He was in judicial custody in 2011 for a brief period of time. Singh was prominent in Delhi but UPA government also reduced in minority when the Communist Party of India took their support from them, then his party supported to the UPA government by 39 members.
In his political career, he also joined Rashtriya Lok Dal in March 2014 and he made his constituency Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh in the Indian General Election but unfortunately lost.
Along with this, he also launched his official website and blog which was supported by Millennium Actor Amitabh Bachchan, as he was very much close to him at that time.He launched his own political party in the year of 2011, named Rashtriya Lok Manch, and fielded candidates in 360 of the 403 seats in Uttar Pradesh in 2012 assembly.
After taking retirement; he took the decision of re-joining of Samajwadi party in 2016.
Awards & Achievements
He was the Member of: RajyaSabha(1999), Committee for the Ministry of Finance(Oct 2004), Committee on Prevention of Money laundering Bill(Dec 1999-July 2000), Informal Consultative Committee for Northern Railway Zone (1999).Re-elected to RajyaSabha (Nov. 2008) Parliamentary Forum on Population, Public Health (Jan 2010) and many more. Playing role of politician in Shailendra Pandey’s, film JD.
He was accused of kidnapping Six MPs, probing in Jamia Nagar Batla House encounter case, offering bribes to three parliament members and donation for Clinton Foundation etc.
- Name: Amar Singh
- Political Party: Independent & Others (Samajwadi Party, RashtriyaLok Dal)
- Date of Birth: January 27, 1956
- Nationality: Indian
- Place of Birth: Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Education/ Qualification: B.A. from St. Xavier’s College; LLB. From University College of law, Kolkata
- Father: Harish Chandra Singh
- Mother: Smt. ShailKumari Singh
- Sibling/ Sister:Unknown
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband Name: Pankaja Kumar Singh
- Children: Two daughters
- Religion: Hinduism.
- Profession: Industrialist before Politician.
- Permanent Address: A-361, Chikambarpur, Surya Nagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Delhi Address: 27, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
- Telephone: 24616831, 24616832